In this first episode, Canan and Laura discuss how their experiences as migrant women living in Western Europe have shaped their work and perspectives on the world, and issues that they care about.
The Not Loud Enough Podcast Hosts:
Canan Marasligil (first name pronounced Janan) is a writer, literary translator, editor and curator based in Amsterdam. She specialises in contemporary Turkish literature as well as comics. Her interest is in challenging official narratives and advocating freedom of expression through a wide range of creative projects and activities. She is the creator of “City in Translation”, a project exploring languages and translation in urban spaces.
- Websites: www.cananmarasligil.net www.cityintranslation.com
- Twitter: @ayserin
- Instagram: @cananmarasligil @cityintranslation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/canan.marasligil
Laura M. Pana is a social entrepreneur, social designer, facilitator, speaker and communicator based in Vienna. Founder and director of Migrationlab, a non-profit organization, which co-designs and co-creates together with communities and organizations across Europe new ways to acknowledge, relate to and communicate with each other, as well as collaborate in daily multicultural contexts, be it in public space or at work.
- Website: www.migrationlab.org
- Twitter: @laurampana @migrationlab
- Instagram: @laura_pana @migrationlab
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/laurampana; www.facebook.com/migrationlab
Migrant Mother by Mild Maynyrd licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License, Creative Commons.
You can find the Not Loud Enough Podcast on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NotLoudEnoughPodcast/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NLEpodcast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org